We are excited to announce that Inspired by Fitness will reopen on Monday, July 19th to all in-person fitness classes!
Upon reopening, we will continue with our hybrid model offering our fitness classes both In-Studio and Virtual. Since the fitness industry has been transformed completely due to the pandemic, this hybrid model has proven to be extremely important to our diverse membership base. Inspired by Fitness is proud of being an inclusive fitness studio that has continued to give new and current members an experience that will deliver results, especially during these challenging times.
Do you desire the sense of community and team that in-studio group fitness classes offer? Make sure to follow the guidelines below. In-studio classes are available to members and pass holders.
- Signing up for in-studio classes via WellnessLiving is mandatory. Class size will be limited to 8-9 in-person participants per class; therefore, it is imperative that you sign-up for your desired classes on WellnessLiving at least one hour before the start of class – this will give our team the time to set up classes properly. If you do not sign up for a class and the class is full with registered participants, you will not be able to participate in-person; however, you will still be able to join virtually.
- Cancel in-studio classes if you cannot make it via WellnessLiving. To allow as many members as possible to attend a class in-studio, we will be strictly enforcing our cancellation policy – you must cancel your class two hours prior to the beginning of class; otherwise, you will be charged a $10.00 fee.
- Drop-ins will be limited. We love to welcome new participants to the studio; however, we ask that if you are planning to drop into a class (ie., with the Inspired ACCESS class pass), you let us know before you come so that you will be registered.
Do you favour the convenience and perceived safety of a virtual offering? We are pleased to continue to offer our amazing fitness classes virtually. Virtual classes are available only to members.
- Our full fitness class schedule will be offered virtually through our private, members-only Facebook group (by following the exact format that was presented during lockdown).
- Daily reminders for the class schedule will be posted on our public Inspired by Fitness Facebook page, so make sure to follow our page to stay up-to-date.
- If you are joining virtually, you do not need to sign up on WellnessLiving. Just join us live at the scheduled date/time for your favourite fitness class.
- All classes will be archived for one week, with the exception of Zumba, Spin and Bounce.
Protecting the health of our staff and the wider Inspired community remains our top priority, and we are proud of the measures we have already put in place to ensure the safety of everyone who comes to the studio. To support the safe return of staff and members to our studio, we will continue to strictly follow our safety measures. These measures include:
- Sanitized equipment and surfaces. In all areas, our team will continue to ensure equipment and surfaces are sanitized to our heightened deep cleaning and disinfecting standards.
- Face coverings. Masks are required while in common areas of the building and studio. This includes building and studio entry/exit points, hallways, washroom, change room, office, classroom and training room (while classes/sessions are not running). Temporary removal of masks and face coverings is permitted only while actively engaging in your fitness class or training session.
- Physical distancing. Our staff will work to get members into the studio, while maintaining physical distancing practices. Members are asked to enter through the front door of the building and go through the hall to the back door of the studio for entry. To help, ground markers will indicate a safe distance throughout the hall of the building where we will require all members to wait before their class starts. The front door of the studio will remain closed and locked at all times and no entry through that door will be permitted.
- Assigned workout spaces during classes. We have marked our classroom floor with physically distanced squares and staff will direct you to your workout space. We ask that you remain in your square before and during your class. Equipment needed for the class will be placed in each square by staff.
- Self-screening upon entry. All members must self-screen before entering the studio. Do not enter if: (1) you are experiencing symptoms (please review the sign in the building hallway or back door of the studio); or (2) you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days; or (3) you have had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- Sanitize your hands. Everyone entering the studio is required to sanitize their hands. Hand sanitizer located at the back door of the studio and at various convenient locations throughout the studio.
- Check-in. Please plan to arrive at least five minutes before your class begins. We will not allow entry beyond the start of class.
- Personal items. We highly suggest bringing only the necessities to class. You will be allowed to store your items in the studio during your class; however, no personal items will be allowed to stay in the studio after you leave. The coat hooks in the front hall of the studio will not be available for use.
- Emergency change room use only. We strongly urge you to come to class ready for your workout. Change room use will be permitted as long as physical distancing practices can be maintained.
- Late entries. Once the studio door closes and class starts, we will not be able to let any members in. Classes will always start promptly at the designated time.
- Staff hospitality and safety. The Inspired Team is here to help, from a safe distance. We have put a protocol in place that limits staff from closely interacting with members before, during and after class. When absolutely necessary, staff will (safely) assist members with equipment requirements but will only do so wearing a mask.
Notice re: Class Changes
- Our last STRONG Nation class will run (virtually) on Wednesday, July 14th. We plan to replace this time slot with another class in the very near future, so stay tuned for updates.
- Upon reopening, Spin will only be offered in-studio. Due to some technical glitches, we feel this is the best way to offer this class going forward. If you would like to continue taking this class virtually, please reach out to Julie C to make special arrangements.
We have sincerely appreciated the continued patience and support from our members as we navigated through another lockdown, and we can’t wait to welcome you safely back to the studio on July 19th. Don’t forget to book your classes on WellnessLiving to secure a spot in class!