Keeping you safe and healthy is our number one priority. After all, as members, you come to Inspired by Fitness to maintain and improve your physical and mental well-being in a safe, healthy and supportive environment. That’s why we will continue to follow government advice and carry out our enhanced safety measures. Everyone has a part to play in keeping our studio safe, and we are asking our members to continue to be vigilant.
CONTINUATION OF HYBRID MODEL FOR FITNESS CLASSES
Whether you decide to come back to the studio or prefer working out at home for now, we understand. We will continue with our hybrid model offering our fitness classes both In-Studio and Virtual (online participation alongside in-person instruction).
Do you desire the sense of community and team that in-studio group fitness classes offer? Make sure to follow the guidelines below. In-studio classes are available to members and pass holders.
- Signing up for in-studio classes via WellnessLiving is mandatory. Class size will be limited to 8-9 in-person participants per class; therefore, it is imperative that you sign-up for your desired classes on WellnessLiving at least one hour before the start of class – this will give our team the time to set up classes properly. If you do not sign up for a class and the class is full with registered participants, you will not be able to participate in-person; however, you will still be able to join virtually.
- Cancel in-studio classes if you cannot make it via WellnessLiving. To allow as many members as possible to attend a class in-studio, we will be strictly enforcing our cancellation policy – you must cancel your class two hours prior to the beginning of class; otherwise, you will be charged a $10.00 fee.
- Drop-ins will be limited. We love to welcome new participants to the studio; however, we ask that if you are planning to drop into a class (ie., with the Inspired ACCESS class pass), you let us know before you come so that you will be registered.
Do you favour the convenience and perceived safety of a virtual offering? We are pleased to continue to offer our amazing fitness classes virtually. Virtual classes are available only to members.
- Our full fitness class schedule will be offered virtually through our private, members-only Facebook group (by following the exact format that was presented during lockdown).
- Daily reminders for the class schedule will be posted on our public Inspired by Fitness Facebook page, so make sure to follow our page to stay up-to-date.
- If you are joining virtually, you do not need to sign up on WellnessLiving. Just join us live at the scheduled date/time for your favourite fitness class.
- All classes will be archived for one week, with the exception of Zumba, Spin and Bounce.
PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED
Inspired members will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide proof of vaccination along with photo ID (ie., driver’s license, health card or passport) to participate in in-person fitness classes and training sessions at the studio.
- We kindly ask that you bring your proof of vaccination and photo ID every time you come to the studio. Inspired staff will visually verify the documents before entry into the studio and will add you to a manual tracking system. While you will not have to show your proof of vaccination and photo ID after you have been added to our manual tracking system, we feel it is important for everyone entering the studio to always have this information readily available in the event of by-law enforcement.
- Please note individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted entry with a doctor’s note and photo ID until recognized medical exemptions can be integrated as part of a digital vaccine certificate. This information will be added to our manual tracking system; however, your doctor’s note and photo ID would need to be brought every time you come to the studio.
- Please also note that proof of a negative COVID-19 test or a recent infection will not replace the vaccine certificates.
OUR ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
We are continuously reviewing government guidance and want to ensure your experience at the studio is safe and positive; therefore, we will continue to strictly follow these measures:
- Sanitized equipment and surfaces. In all areas, our team will continue to ensure equipment and surfaces are sanitized to our heightened deep cleaning and disinfecting standards.
- Face coverings. Masks are required while in common areas of the building and studio. This includes building and studio entry/exit points, hallways, washroom, change room, office, classroom and training room (while classes/sessions are not running). Temporary removal of masks and face coverings is permitted only while actively engaging in your fitness class or training session. Amid the rapidly spreading Omicron variant, experts stress the use of N95 masks or cloth masks over 3-ply surgical masks (double masking).
- Physical distancing. Our staff will work to get members into the studio, while maintaining physical distancing practices. Members are asked to enter through the front door of the building and go through the hall to the back door of the studio for entry. To help, ground markers will indicate a safe distance throughout the hall of the building where we will require all members to wait before their class starts. The front door of the studio will remain closed and locked at all times and no entry through that door will be permitted.
- Limit on class sizes. We are following guidance on maximum capacity for our studio space, so our fitness classes will remain smaller in size. It is important that you register for in-person classes on WellnessLiving to ensure your space in class.
- Assigned workout spaces during classes. We have marked our classroom floor with physically distanced squares and staff will direct you to your workout space. We ask that you remain in your square before and during your class. Equipment needed for the class will be placed in each square by staff.
- Clean your equipment and mats. We would appreciate your continued help with wiping down your equipment/mats once you have used it. You will find sanitizing spray and towels in your assigned workout space for you to use.
- Self-screening upon entry. All members must self-screen before entering the studio. Do not enter if: (1) you are experiencing symptoms (please review the sign in the building hallway or back door of the studio); or (2) you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days; or (3) you have had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- Sanitize your hands. Everyone entering the studio is required to sanitize their hands. Hand sanitizer located at the back door of the studio and at various convenient locations throughout the studio.
- Check-in. Please plan to arrive at least five minutes before your class begins. We will not allow entry beyond the start of class.
- Personal items. We highly suggest bringing only the necessities to class. You will be allowed to store your items in the studio during your class; however, no personal items will be allowed to stay in the studio after you leave. The coat hooks in the front hall of the studio will not be available for use.
- Emergency change room use only. We strongly urge you to come to class ready for your workout. Change room use will be permitted as long as physical distancing practices can be maintained.
- Late entries. Once the studio door closes and class starts, we will not be able to let any members in. Classes will always start promptly at the designated time.
- Staff hospitality and safety. The Inspired Team is here to help, from a safe distance. We have put a protocol in place that limits staff from closely interacting with members before, during and after class. When absolutely necessary, staff will (safely) assist members with equipment requirements but will only do so wearing a mask.
TO OUR INSPIRED COMMUNITY
During these difficult times, we would like to take a moment to thank our Inspired community for your continued support. The past two years have been challenging for all of us, and we could not have made it through without our members, clients and supportive staff. You are at the heart of our small business, and for that, we thank you. We are here for you because you have been here for us!