The safety of our Inspired community has always been our top priority, and we are even more focused on it now. As we now have the green light from provincial government officials to resume our fitness classes, we have made changes to how we operate – all designed to keep our members and staff safe. Below are all the changes you can expect. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT – PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY!
Our Heightened Deep Cleaning & Disinfecting Process
- Top-grade disinfectant and more frequent cleaning. Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after every class, with a heightened attention to equipment and all high-touch surfaces after every class. Professional cleaners will also be deep cleaning the studio from top to bottom three times per week.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces. After every class, we will disinfect doorknobs, handles, counters, light switches, fans, sanitizing stations, benches, bathroom, sinks, toilet, change room and instructor equipment.
- All equipment disinfected. After every class, all equipment placed out for class will be thoroughly disinfected, even if not in use.
- Staff precautions. Staff will be required to wear gloves and face masks when setting up their classes and as the flow of members travels through the studio before and after class. After disinfecting, they will wash their hands before refreshing gloves and masks, as needed.
- High-touch amenities. To limit hand-to-hand contact, we are removing papers (ie., promotional materials, note paper, forms, etc.), individual protein bars, change room toiletries and complimentary phone charging. These items will be in the office and available upon request.
- Reduced class length for certain classes. Some back-to-back classes will be reduced from 45 minutes to 30 minutes in order to allow staff time to disinfect between classes. It is our hope to return these classes to 45 minutes once it is safe to do so. The affected classes are as follows:
- Monday Boot Camp at 9:00 am will now run from 9:00 to 9:30 am
- Monday Boot Camp at 5:20 pm will now run from 5:20 to 5:50 pm
- Monday Zumba at 6:15 pm will now run from 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- Tuesday TripleFIT at 5:20 pm will now run from 5:20 to 5:50 pm
- Tuesday Yoga at 6:15 pm will now run from 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- Wednesday Weights at 9:00 am will now run from 9:00 to 9:30 am
- Wednesday Weights at 5:20 pm will now run from 5:20 to 5:50 pm
- Wednesday TripleFIT at 6:15 pm will now run from 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- Thursday Yoga at 9:10 am will now run from 9:10 to 9:40 am
- Thursday Low Impact Body Blast (Zumba Light) at 10:30 am will now run from 10:50 to 11:20 am
- Thursday Body Sculpt at 5:20 pm will now run from 5:20 to 5:50 pm
- Thursday Bounce at 6:15 pm will now run from 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- Attendance at back-to-back classes. If you plan to attend back-to-back classes, we ask that you use the exit and entry measures outlined below. We understand there will be down-time for you in between classes, so we suggest you wait in your car if you are comfortable doing so.
Before Your Class
- Signing up for classes via WellnessLiving is mandatory. Class size will be reduced to 16 participants per class; therefore, it is imperative that you sign-up for your desired classes on WellnessLiving at least one hour before the start of class – this will give our team the time to set up classes properly. If you do not sign up for a class and the class is full with registered participants, you will not be able to participate.
- Cancel classes if you cannot make it via WellnessLiving. To allow as many members as possible to attend a class, we will be strictly enforcing our new cancellation policy – you must cancel your class two hours prior to the beginning of class; otherwise, you will be charged a $10.00 fee.
- Drop-ins will be limited. We love to welcome new participants to the studio; however, we ask that if you are planning to drop in to a class (ie., with our Free Three-Class Pass or with the Inspired ACCESS class pass), you let us know before you come so that you will be registered. At this time, we will be only allowing drop-ins from Perth and Huron Counties.
When You Arrive
- Physical distancing practices. Our staff will work to get members into the studio, while maintaining physical distancing practices. Members are asked to enter through the front door of the building and go through the hall to the back door of the studio for entry. To help, ground markers will indicate a safe distance throughout the hall of the building where we will require all members to wait before their class starts. The front door of the studio will remain closed and locked at all times and no entry through that door will be permitted.
- Sanitize your hands. Everyone entering the studio is required to sanitize their hands. We will have hand sanitizer located at the back door of the studio, in the training room and at various convenient locations throughout the studio.
- Check-in. Please plan to arrive at least five minutes before your class begins. At this time, we will not allow entry beyond the start of class.
- Personal items. We highly suggest bringing only the necessities to class. You will be allowed to store your items in the studio during your class; however, no personal items will be allowed to stay in the studio after you leave. The coat hooks in the front hall of the studio will not be available for use.
- Emergency change room use only. We strongly urge you to come to class ready for your workout. Change room use will be permitted as long as physical distancing practices can be maintained.
- Assigned personal workout spaces. We have marked our classroom floor with physically distanced squares and staff will direct you to your workout space. Members who arrive first will be assigned to the squares at the back of the classroom and all others will follow suit. We ask that you remain in your square before and during your class. Equipment needed for the class will be placed in each square by staff.
- PPE. Members are not required to wear a face mask and/or gloves while participating in a fitness class. We ask that you strictly observe the above practices for physical distancing and hand sanitization while at the studio. Remember to avoid touching your hands/eyes/mouth during your workout. When coughing/sneezing, cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow and immediately sanitize your hands.
During Your Class
- Staff hospitality and safety. The Inspired Team is here to help, from a safe distance. We have put a protocol in place that limits staff from closely interacting with members before, during and after class. When absolutely necessary, staff will (safely) assist members with equipment requirements but will only do so wearing gloves and a face mask.
- Bounce class. At this time, we will not be lending out Kangoo Jumps shoes for this class – you must have your own pair to participate in the class. You will be responsible for properly fitting your own Kangoo Jumps shoes. If you still need assistance, staff will demonstrate set-up from their square.
- Spin class. You will be responsible for setting up your own bike to avoid contact with staff. If you are a regular rider, you should already know your proper bike set-up. If you still need assistance, staff will demonstrate set-up from their instructor bike.
- Late entries. Once the studio door closes and class starts, we will not be able to let any members in. Classes will always start promptly at the designated time.
After Your Class
- Sanitizing wipes. We will continue to provide disinfectants for you to clean your equipment. These will be placed in your square. We ask that you disinfect your own equipment and leave it in your square along with the sanitizing wipes. Staff will put away everything in the squares after everyone has left the classroom after disinfecting once again.
- Physical distancing practices. Our staff will work to get members out of the studio, while maintaining physical distancing practices. Members will be exited through the back door of the building to avoid any interaction with members arriving for the next class.
- Socializing. To uphold physical distancing practices and to allow staff to clean, we ask that socializing be done outside of the studio.
- Studio shop. Our apparel and supplements will still be available, but we ask that you avoid touching items as much as possible. If you would like to make a purchase, please inform staff.
- Apparel returns. We will not be allowing members to try on items before buying, but we will still accept returns. If you do return an item, it will not be put back on the floor until deemed safe by apparel industry standards.
Member Responsibility – Keep Each Other Safe
We have put a lot of changes in place – with details beyond what you see here. The way our new safety process will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in it!
Please make sure to always practice physical distancing when in shared spaces. Follow the markers placed in the building and throughout the studio to maintain a safe distance.
Remember to avoid touching your hands/eyes/mouth during your workout. When coughing/sneezing, cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow and immediately sanitize your hands.
If you have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the studio until you are symptom-free and fever-free for three consecutive days.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the studio for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in for your workout, please stay home and stay safe. If you are unable to cancel your class due to illness, we will happily waive the cancellation fee and welcome you back when you are healthy and feel comfortable coming back.
We are encouraging our members to limit person-to-person contact, including hugs and high-fives. Community and love is in our DNA, but right now, this is the best way to take care of our Inspired members.
Always advocate for yourself. Use your judgement to stay safe and speak to fellow members/staff if you feel your safety is compromised in any way.
It might be a bit overwhelming at first but trust us – as soon as you begin your warm-up, you will find yourself in that familiar place you know and love. That sanctuary you have been needing now more than ever is even safer now, and we can’t wait to see you there!
Moving Forward – We Will Continue To Monitor The Situation
While we are taking every precaution to keep our community safe (and encourage you to do the same), we are acutely aware of and highly prepared for the possibility of a second wave.
In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 at the studio and you were potentially in contact with the individual, you will be notified immediately. From there, we will take the necessary safety precautions to disinfect the studio from top to bottom.
With no way to predict what will happen, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops – with nothing but your safety in mind.
Always remember that we are here for you! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.