Tips for Adults:
- Wear lighter-coloured clothes with less weight and moisture-wicking ability.
- Wear sunscreen on your face, neck and hands.
- Bring a spray bottle to quickly cool yourself down if those burpees get too much to handle.
- Pack a small towel to wipe your never-ending forehead sweat.
- Bring two bottles of water with lots of ice to quench your thirst. If you have a tendency to cramp, add a little Gatorade to your water (about 1/4 Gatorade per bottle).
- Wear sunglasses or a brimmed hat.
- Modify your exercises if you feel yourself overheating.
Tips for Babies:
- Keep babies under one year of age out of direct sunlight to prevent skin damage and dehydration.
- Keep babies in the shade whenever possible. By bringing your stroller, you will have instant shade right at your fingertips.
- Remember, sunscreen will protect against the sun’s harmful UV rays but will not protect babies from the heat. Do not put sunscreen on a baby less than six month of age without asking your health care provider first.
- Give baby lots of cool liquids. Water or breast milk are best.
Outdoor exercise can be enjoyable and productive, and by following the simple tips above, you can enhance your chances of being safe, responsible and prepared.
Summer Outdoor Boot Camp will be held for eight weeks on Tuesdays from July 2nd to August 20th from 7:10 to 7:55 pm (and will replace Tuesday evening Circuit classes for the duration). Mommy & Me Outdoor Boot Camp will be held for six weeks on Mondays from July 8th to August 19th from 11:00 to 11:45 am (and will replace regular Mommy & Me classes for the duration). Both sessions will be held at the Stratford Festival Archives parking lot (right beside Inspired by Fitness). In case of inclement weather, we will bring the classes indoors.