Here’s what you can expect:
- Enjoy the great outdoors. As all classes are held outside, rain or shine, you should dress appropriately. Consider lightweight, moisture-wicking fabrics with a looser fit in your workout attire to provide more comfort. If it’s raining, a lightweight, weatherproof jacket will help keep the rain and wind out. Only the very worst weather will drive a class indoors.
- Intervals. Interval training is one of the best ways to get fit, burn calories and blast body fat. Expect to be running, sprinting, jumping, etc. with rest periods.
- Body weight training (calisthenics). Since we won’t be dragging much equipment outside, you’ll be using your own body weight as resistance. Expect to do exercises like squats, lunges, planks and sit-ups. You’ll always be given options to scale the exercises up or down and be encouraged to work at your own level.
- Resistance. Weight training is important if you want to tone up or lose fat, so that’s why we encourage our participants to bring their own set of weights to classes. Body weight exercises will be key, but there will be some exercises that require the use of weights to add more resistance.
- Partnering up. Some exercises will require partner or small group work, so expect to buddy up with one or two other people as you perform these exercises. Maybe you’d like to encourage a friend or family member to go along with you so you have a ready-made partnership? Or you can find a partner at class and make a new friend. Whatever the case, you’ll need to be the kind of person who doesn’t mind getting sweaty in front of a group.
Make new friends, get some fresh air and become part of Team Inspired at Summer Outdoor Boot Camp! The positive energy from the team environment will motivate and challenge you to reach your highest potential. Get fit, have fun and be inspired!