As a dedicated member of Inspired by Fitness since the doors opened in 2014, I am thrilled to begin my new journey at the studio as a Spin Instructor. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sherry for inspiring me to fulfill my quest to become a certified Schwinn® Cycling Classic Instructor. I completed the certification course in August 2016 at the Canfitpro World Fitness Expo in Toronto, and now I want to share my passion with you!
Two things you should know about me…
First, cardio and I don’t get along. I couldn’t run to save my life; my bladder screams at me when I skip; and, complex step routines leave me baffled. So imagine my surprise when I took to Spin?! A Spinning workout is a low-impact exercise which increases your cardio endurance – this means it won’t put pressure on knees or joints as other aerobic or running exercises do. It also gives you a full body workout (not just legs) as minor muscles are activated in the arms, shoulders, glutes and core.
Second, I’m obsessed with music. I currently have ~24,000 songs in my iTunes library and see ~20-30 live acts a year. Music works like magic to keep exercise moving fast and hard. When everyone is caught up in a musical groove, the mind naturally flows with the rhythm of the music and less with the checking of the clock. Since I started instructing, I have curated Spin playlists that include everything from Top 40 to Classic Rock to R&B – and I take requests so that you can have a workout all about you! To me, nothing is more satisfying than to see a person singing along to a song while pedaling away.
Below are some other great reasons why you should come to a Spin class:
- You’ll push yourself to the max (but not further)! Spin is for everyone from beginner to advanced levels of fitness. It may hurt a little to walk up and down stairs after class, but who doesn’t love knowing they worked hard?
- You’ll get used to that sore butt feeling! Classes will have you in and out of the saddle so that you can get relief. And after a few classes, the feeling will go away – I promise!
- You’ll define and lean out your legs! Notice I didn’t say bulk up? Classes will allow you to tone muscles you didn’t even know you had.
- You’ll burn tons of calories! A Spinning workout of 45-minutes may allow you to burn ~500 calories, which is a huge amount when compared to other types of workouts.
- You’ll feel that team spirit! The energy you feel from your Spin class peers is contagious.
- You’ll relieve stress! Any type of exercise is known to relieve stress; however, Spinning can be a more efficient stress reliever due to the fact that the workout is intensive and you can meet people and socialize.
- You’ll leave feeling euphoric and inspired!
I would be thrilled to see you at one of my classes! I am currently teaching Tuesday Lunch classes from 12:15 to 12:45 pm. And on Saturday, October 1st, the first ever “Spin Into Your Weekend” class will be held from 11:30 am to 12:15 pm. If there is enough interest, we plan to make this Saturday Spin class a weekly offering. Please visit www.inspiredbyfitness.ca for more information, or chat with Sherry when you’re at the studio.
Yours in Spinning,
Schwinn® Cycling Classic Instructor
Inspired by Fitness