- Go for a run. There’s nothing like pounding the pavement with the wind in your face – and, it’s free!
- Play a round of tennis. Check out one of Stratford’s free courts by the train station to get in a full body workout while sprinting across the court and nailing your backhand!
- Hike a trail. Head over to the Old Grove or out to Wildwood Conservation Area and enjoy all that nature has to offer while toning your glutes and legs! (Extra points if you own a pair of Nordic Walking poles – they add the use of your upper body muscles so you can burn 20% more calories!)
- Take a kayak, canoe or pedal boat for a spin. Avon Boat Rentals lets you cruise the Avon River for as low as $16-24 an hour!
- Bike instead of driving wherever you need to go. You can even pretend you’re at a Spin class and cycle to the beat – just bring a pair of headphones for the ride!
- Try swimming. Hit up the Lion’s Pool for a total body workout that’s easy on your joints while burning lots of calories!
- Give your garden some extra TLC. While gardening may not seem too strenuous, you can sometimes exert the body harder than some typical exercise!
- Create a playground workout. Do all of your favourite exercises at a playground – think tricep dips off a bench, elevated push-ups off a slide, knee tucks with a swing, and so on!
The studio will be closed starting on Monday, August 28th, and will re-open just after Labour Day on Tuesday, September 5th.